Search This Blog

Saturday, June 25, 2011

One more step.

Making it law is a step towards acceptance. Sadly I suspect that peoples phobias are being challenged with the state of New York signing into law… That two people of the same sex can be legally recognized in a partnership of marriage.

Once upon a time two people living together challenged the moral fabric. If they were not of the same sex. Now we see the challenge yet again. The moral chest pounding group that wants to impose it’s viewpoints is having to deal with the fact that two people of the same sex can be legally married. Where the hell were those chest pounding moralists when those two same people were merely living together out of wedlock??? Can’t have it both ways chum. I stand by what I said earlier…

Like it or not. There are ‘people’ that love each other. They commit to one another. It is not about special rights. It’s about two ‘people’ making a commitment of devotion. It is not about servitude of one to the other it is about a partnership of the heart. Now what is wrong with that? Two ‘people’ who share in a partnership of the heart should be admired. Admired and recognized as two ‘people’ in love.

This morning while out and about I saw two people. They were older then I. One was having difficulty walking and the other person was assisting in a very kind way. It was fairly clear to me that they were together. At one point they noticed I was looking in their direction. They stopped touching each other. They stepped apart. As I got closer I raised my right hand and made a fist and said “NEW YORK!” They both smiled. The relief across their face was up lifting and heartbreaking all at once.

What kind of ridicule and sadistic tortures have they faced for being two people that cared for one another? Yet seeing the simplicity of two caring was great, it also bothered me that they felt inclined to pull away from one another.

We are a long way from being collectively a compassionate group that is merely here on loan. We should recall that at any moment our existence is subject to something much greater then anybody has ever been able to explain.

Hatred for others happiness is nothing more than jealousy. I find no solace in jealousy. I often find joy in just knowing that others have moved passed jealousy and to escape the trappings of hatred to know and find peace. This brings me back to the beginning.

Signing same sex marriage into law is a step. Yet the road ahead is much further. Sadly the hatred and disgust that will be displayed over the next many days, months and years… Is on one hand not the fault of those raised in a society that still finds joy in having scapegoats.

It is training if you will. If ones instincts is to be compassionate then the seed was planted and from that seed a garden can still bloom. If one truly wants to escape from an exisistence of fear and hatred all one has to do is be willing. I have yet to meet anybody who wants to live in misery. Not once they have tasted the sweetness of joy, only to find that the serving of misery was foul and reeked of bile.

Acceptance is a step, laws are a step into acceptance the legacy we leave is our gift. The idea of a legacy of hate and ridicule is that what one wants to be known for? I think not. The challenge is yours and yours alone.

I have had the gift of being able to recognize the gift of life for what it is. I truly hope that we can all share it with one another. I am not an educated person. However I am a person. You are as well. That is what I see and look for… Nothing else. If these words cause thought, then that is all I can ever hope for.

Admire those who are of a compassionate nature. Nurture those that seek it. Leave the judgment of those hating at the door step. But never be a doormat for anybody. Never give up yourself, to please those that terrify you. With that being said I thank those that have been fighting for their right to express love. The true warriors between good and evil. You have my eternal gratitude.

Chris…









©2011
All rights reserved
Chris J Hutchins
Dog Hair Productions









No comments: