Search This Blog

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Listen

While at a social gathering I was privileged to witness a rather humorous scene. It goes as follows…

A very slender stunning woman was leaning against a counter with all sorts of beverage options. She had been there only a short while. A young man walked in and noticed her right away. Yet with a bit of cool waited before making his approach. Not too long mind you, but he did approach the young woman and leaned up against the counter and introduced himself. She smiled and gave her name. The usual small talk was being exchanged. Then as things seemed alright he asked what she did? The woman responded with, “I have little patients…” The young man got visibly miffed. He interrupted her and said, “Hey I was just asking if you don’t want to talk with me that’s fine no need to get uppity with me.” The woman smiled and responded, “I’m a pediatrician.” The young man said “whatever” and left.

Ah, yet another lesson in the art of listening.


©2011
All rights reserved
Chris J Hutchins
Dog Hair Productions

No comments: