Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The Big Fade Out...

A brochure for death? Thought I read, or seen just about everything put into a brochure format. While reading thru it I was reminded of a timeshare brochure There is a lot of mamby pamby nice, language that skirts the issue. The fine print in the time share brochure has all the zingers in it. The zingers in the death brochure well I suppose they are different for everybody.

When speaking to “professionals” in the field of the big fade out. I sense a hesitance to speaking forthright in the reality of the situation. Small talk about making coasters for beverages that are denied the dieing. I think if anyone says... "They are preparing to pass away..." any further will cause a tyrannical Cro-Magnon rant.

How is it some people sum up the shift from this dimension to another with language that is used in polite circles that describes nothing more then a fart? I mean think about it... “Passed” is that the last you want spoken of you??? “Well he was a good man but he has passed away...” How dare people be so condescending. Sick of the distortion of language that simply dulls the facts. This distortion needs to pass away much like a fart.

“Death is a part of life...” Really? sounds like “Jumbo Shrimp” speak to me. This leads me to question the idea of an all mighty creator that put that clause into the life plan contract. “All created is designed to pass away.” (Seems to be a flaw in that notion somewhere.) The all mighty created all the stars the universe the planets etc. etc. etc. only to have them fail and “pass away” like a fart in the wind.

I think that in some cases some see death as an absolute ending. Balls and crutches I say. To presume what death is, is the human arrogance that sickens me to death. I don’t put much stock into others notion of the unknown.

Consider this, I was once told that I was medically dead. With that being said, understand I was told about it after being revived. My response was... “No kidding?” It certainly seemed to me that I had woken up from a deep sleep. No lights at the ends of tunnels, no winged creatures plucking harps, no nothing. So I thought about it for a bit and decided well this is an interesting dimension that deserves my attention, not to mention my appreciation.

Armed with the knowledge of a momentary oops on the operating table... I tend to get a bit miffed with the deflective, defective language that reduces the meaning of ones existence.

Or one could say it sickens me to the point that I must leave the room, the building etc. Leaving the room is no different then death is it? I have left many rooms never to see them again. Haven’t you? One could say I passed thru a doorway. *POOF* much like a fart. With the option in many cases to return to said room. Once the air has cleared.

I still firmly believe in the concept I dubbed a while back... “Echoes in the universe” we all cause them. Some big some small. Ones presence is leaving an impression on those around them. Sometimes in the most fantastical ways. To equate their exit as a puff of air is demeaning. I can’t stand it any further.

This I do know... I sure as hell don’t, nor do I use such language for others who “lived” they lived damn it! Their impression... their echoes if you will, is still relevant and vital. They were not some belch or fart that passed.

In closing before this passage of words is returned to the vast universe... The good thing about brochures is they can be used much more efficiently in the room that houses the toilet. There is NO brochure for life... It is an adventure to be examined, appreciated. Not to be read about in a three panel fold out while passing yesterdays lunch.

Chris J Hutchins

 
 
 
 
(c)2012
Chris J Hutchins
All rights reserved
Dog Hair Productions

 

No comments: