Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The universe echoes.

'If you can’t look at yourself and accept who you are… How can you expect others to truly see who you are and accept you for you?' Chris J Hutchins



If my attitude is one of a pissy diva, it comes back ten fold. If I engage with the testosterone overload , sure enough somebody wants to square off and challenge it.

Now here is the fun part it ain’t coming back right after I have behaved poorly towards others. No, no, no, it comes back sometimes slowly, (ahem that could mean years later…) sometimes quickly. None the less my behavior echoes back right in my face eventually. Knowing that, one needs to take care to be sure about what they are giving out to the universe/ world, it comes back.

The funny part is when I hear others complain incessantly about how everybody else is so rude or pissy. It seems so shocking that some complete stranger would be rude. The famous last words… “I did not do anything to deserve that…” Really?

I thought about it off and on over the years, I concluded that… Yes I did. I was rude to somebody a few days before, for no reason other than I had been having a self imposed bad day. Misery loves company. (Ahem so does serenity) Trite tired cliché? Maybe but clichés start somewhere, and the Dr. Buzz Kill loves to offer his/ her prescription of downers to point out you are nothing and that it needs to be pointed out. Then when Dr. Buzz Kill, is slammed by strangers for some idea he/ she might have, he/ she cries himself or herself to sleep thinking he/ she is all alone and nobody understands him/ her. The idea that years of minimizing and rude behaviors towards others is not coming back, strange indeed. Get ready for the storm.

Now think of the possibility of a 180 degree change in thinking. Start simply but start to reverse the directions. Change those potential echoes of disregard. Change them into being accepting of others. Acknowledge the toxic ones that want to tear down. Then choose to not engage in the behavior.

Do not get discouraged nor expect anything to change right away. The echoes of the universe sometimes take a long time to get back. However the good thing I discovered is it happens in little bits real fast. Take it from one who knows, those little ones seem so huge they build up and last. The alternative is simply a devastating idea after just a few gifts echo back. 

I can deal with name calling on this subject I can deal with the accusation of Poly Anna, rose colored glasses, etc. etc. I can deal with it because after spending years in the world of “everything sucks…” A confidence has been restored.

A confidence that allows me to be willing to accept accountability. It is far more empowering when one is accountable for their actions and more importantly their behavior. It opens the door to confidence in ones actions. Without accountability, it is a corrosive that erodes your being able to find peace. Hence the vicious cycle of the echo of coming back to you ten fold of intolerant rude pissy people. Remember the term, “like attracts like” act like a jerk, and it comes back.

In the end… We all want the same thing. To be content. To find contentment one needs to treat others as they want to be treated. I can deal with being called Polly Anna, I never could deal with being disrespected very well. But looking back I was being disrespectful to so many. So it is no wonder I got it back ten fold. I got it back without expecting it. So it only makes sense that I have to leave that same idea of no expectations if I go the other direction. No expectations leaves one/ me with no disappointment. It only stands to reason doesn’t it?

If one thinks my expressions are odd, or disingenuous. All I can say is my experience has taught me otherwise. All I can say is living outside of fear, living in the notion of hope and freedom of expression has allowed the criticisms to have less and less ability to debilitate my pursuit of understanding.

I would love to wave my magic wand or sprinkle the pixie dust to make it all better, but like anything it is a matter of practice. It is a matter of personal accountability. So rather than rant about the geo political stuff, I thought how about sharing this idea instead. It felt great to come across this idea and share it I hope it rings a bell.

I can say this with conviction. It took changing my attitude of ridicule so I could tell you I love you. I believe with all my heart that love is a verb. A VERB! I know that we can find peace in the tasks that face us on a daily basis. Shame of having hope is not going to let hope happen. Pride in having hope will let the hope be shared.

Embrace your feelings they are yours. It is what you do with them that decides the rest. Give without expectations, and the rest will follow.
Chris…



©2011
All rights reserved
Chris J Hutchins
Dog Hair Productions

No comments: