Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Family Values...

"If" somebody came to me and described new neighbors as an "unfortunate circumstance" I would happily advise the whiners to move... I'll help them load up a truck.

A couple moving into a community that has caused no harm is hardly an "unfortunate circumstance." Unless of course the existing residents have no tolerance for the world around them. Now that is an “unfortunate circumstance” indeed.

Indeed, what to do to protect some good old fashioned values, such as acceptance, the golden rule, love thy neighbor etc. etc.

As for people smoking weed, well I'll tell ya' what... I would rather new neighbors smoked weed as opposed to being belligerent drunken loud a-holes. I've had enough of those neighbors. If the neighbors happen to be pot smoking homosexuals I don't have any problem with that.

Well then because I disagree with others I suppose that makes me a bigot, jerk, prude, commie, right-wing, left-wing nut-job, neo-con, or whatever other colorful name others can come up with. An "unfortunate circumstance" as a description of new neighbors while waving the "Family Values" banner is not something I agree with. I don't accept it.

I don't accept judgmental hatred either. If that makes me a hater so be it. I’m sick to death of the "Family Values" battle cry. Sick of it. It’s mostly B.S. used to prop up dysfunctional screwed up a-holes that are anything but.

They spew the term to give the impression that they are upstanding pillars in a community. Heaven for bid that diversity be introduced that’s when the yammering about good old fashioned "Family Values" comes out, whatever that is supposed to mean. One family’s set of values does not make it so for another. I know, I know I outed myself already as a hater. As I pointed out I don’t agree with others so it makes a... Whatever other colorful name needed, _______.

No comments: