Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

In the end it was about money. Money and damage control.

The lawyer that represented me in the case described (in part) is now filing for receivership and has been disbarred. By the state bar association. I warned everybody years ago this was not somebody to be trusted… These are excerpts from a new book I have been working on for the last year and a half…



“Arguing with lawyers is like kill or be killed, either compromise your integrity or compromise your soul, to get to that final victory line of proving to be right, by wearing down your lawyer or the defendants lawyer…”

“It never ceased to amaze me how the fucking lawyers would not pay attention to the details of the story… They missed the dates, they jumped all around like a serious attention deficit disorder. Documents were sent over and over asking for my signature on interrogatories, that were false miss leading and subject to being tore apart by the defense lawyers…”

“Having to fight with my own fricken lawyers about the defense’s strategy to rip my character apart, and to sit thru a deposition where many hours were nothing more then a thinly veiled attempt at attacking my moral character… ( Who I slept with how many at the same time etc. etc. etc. an investigation of my sexual behaviors and with who…) My lawyer, never objecting. Allowing the defense to waste precious time looking at my sexual exploits.

My lawyer dropped the ball he allowed the defense to go way off the matter at hand. Not one objection during the questioning, not one… Putz. Instead of keeping the focus on the charges against their client, the company. (At about 4k a hour with the combined teams at the table. For over 9 hours.)

The closing question was the best… and the realization that they were dealing with a case of dynamite… “What is you want? We mean why are you looking to sue a multi billion dollar a year corporation? What is your goal?” I answered the question, with a sullen cool… “To go to open court… To get the story out onto the public record, of all the crimes that were committed… To go public.” The defense lawyers ended the deposition after exactly five seconds of deafening silence. They folded all their little files and walked out very quickly. All they had to do was ask that at eight o’clock in the morning. Would have saved their client a whole bunch of money. I suppose my closing statement is why I was suddenly the primary focus of attacks for the next two and a half years... I didn’t care, bring em’ on I said…”

“Lawyers are great, when you have to stand before some dried out old judge that is bored out of their mind by the deluge of non sensi-cle cases that go across the bench on a daily basis. The Lawyer offers a sense of order. Well for the judge. The client is simply having faith that the lawyer is going to look out for the clients best interest…”

“The lawyers that represented me in the law suit, were evasive, they had a difficult time with the truth… In turn that means they found me difficult to deal with simply due to the fact, I would not allow any twisting of words to fit their quick agenda of settlement.

I was demanding public trial from day one. The attitude was simple, cash did not matter as much as the truth. Well not to me. Hard to convince people of that noble idealism when the numbers being tossed around are in the seven figure range…”

“The lawyers were always looking for an angle to better line their pockets, they wore their souls on their sleeves and all they were interested in was money. That is both sides folks. The defense runs up the hours against their client. The Plaintiffs lawyer is supposed to be working pro bono, so they complain everyday about they are going broke... Hence their urgency to settle rather then go into a court proceedings.” (Same said plaintiff lawyer embezzled many, many dollars from multiple clients and hence his recently being disbarred)

Neither side had any real interest in flushing out the truth and making sure that some sort of justice would prevail. It was nothing more then posturing on their part. In the end the lawyers got a bunch of money for services never rendered. My own lawyers were afraid to go into court and risk it all. Personally I think it was due to their lack of courage. They lacked the conviction that one has when the truth is on your side. Despite our inside knowledge that the defendants firm were not trial attorneys…”

“Due to my closing statement I was concerned about the lack of defense I was getting from the hired guns on my side. All I got was, strongly urged to move into a high security building. I was also advised by the team to vary the way I drove to and from work. To never answer any questions from strangers. It got really sick for a while.

The other plaintiffs were not under the microscope to the degree I was. They would talk to me and be very confused as to why my personal life was under such scrutiny? It confused and clouded the case. It was making the lawyers angry as well as it did me. Sadly my team of lawyers were not as proactive in putting a cease and desist order out their…”




“I spoke my mind I did not hold back, I truly thought that the thrust of the charges was about the civil rights violations, and the threats to our physical safety. In the end it was about money. Money and damage control.”


All rights reserved.
Chris J Hutchins
©2011
Dog Hair Productions

No comments: